Lots of people don't know that candles require some TLC to ensure they're performing their best. We're glad that you're interested in loving your candles and we're happy to provide some tips for best use:
1. Never, ever, ever leave a candle burning unattended. This seems obvious but you might be thinking 'what's the worse that could happen?' Let's not go there. Keep an eye on those burning candles!
2. Always trim your wick to 1/4" before lighting. This ensures an even melt pool, lengthens the life of your candle and makes burning your candle safer because the flame won't get too big. We suggest burning our candles for 2-3 hours at a time with a maximum of 4 hours.
3. Always light your candle on a flat heat resistant surface. This ensures that the wax doesn't smother the wick.
4. Keep your jar free of wick trimmings or any other debris that might fall into the container.
5. Always allow the melt pool to reach the edges of the jars before extinguishing. This will allow the candle to burn evenly and prevent "tunneling."
6. Never leave a candle burning within reach of children, pets or a draft.
Following these guidelines your candle should burn for about 40-50 hours. Like most things in life, Matchstick Wax candles are better when shared! Tag #matchstickwax on Instagram to share your photos with us.
*All Matchstick Wax candles are made with natural soy wax, cotton wicks and phthalate free fragrance oils and/or essential oils. Candles that are made exclusively with essential oils will say so in the product description*